St. Luke’s Youth Ministries has created a Christ Centered Community where we welcome and accept others, connect with friends, are rooted and grow in our faith and, understanding of self, and use our gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
SUMMER YOUTH SCHEDULE
After the music and offering during 9:30 worship, all youth are invited to come to The Attic to hear the message that all are hearing in our worship venues, but in a creative and cool way.
Trendy Girl Monday
All middle and high school girls are invited to hang with Cassie Livingston (our summer youth ministry intern) on Mondays at 2pm to explore fun coffee shops, talk about life, and be in community with each other. Each week will be a different location so stay connected through social media. Contact Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Youth Open Gym
Come and play a pick up basketball, volleyball, or dodgeball game in the gym on Monday nights (excluding June 4, and July 2). Not the sporty type? Just come and hang out and connect with friends for a couple hours.
Summer Youth Group
Tuesday nights are all about fun, community, and worship. Each week (excluding June 5, and July 3 & 17) we’ll get together for a night of games, food, surprises, and worship all with a themed twist!
Wild out on Wednesdays as we just have a good time with on and off campus events. Click UPCOMING EVENTS AND REGISTRATIONS below for dates, info and registration.
(Please note that “Hang-Time” is on campus and needs no registration. All youth are welcome.)
UPCOMING EVENTS AND REGISTRATIONS
Come and enjoy Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, a one-time ski resort that has melted into a watery wonderland. Zip down the slushy slopes of Mount Gushmore on one of the world’s tallest and fastest waterslides. Float down the tranquil river and sunbathe on the white-sand beach. Please meet in front of entrance tickets are $40.00 if you have Annual Passes there is no need to register but, give us a heads up so we know you are coming.
MISSIONS (SERVING OPPORTUNITIES)
Mustard Seed is a non-profit organization located in Central Florida whose mission is to provide furniture, food, and clothing to those in need while being environmentally efficient and considerate to the community. Please register and don’t forget to fill out the volunteer information form.
This year’s Middle School Summer Mission Trip is with ReCreation Experiences in Asheville, NC! There, we will work with them to help improve the living conditions of residents in rural communities.
Deadline to register is April 4, 2018 (or when all spots are filled). This deadline is required to provide final counts and secure transportation.
Dates: July 15 – 21, 2018
Location: Asheville, NC
Cost: $475 (Save $25.00 if registered by March 14th)
- $100 Non-Refundable Deposit is due at the time of registration to hold your spot. Final Payment due by April 4, 2018.
- Important forms needing to be downloaded, filled out, and/or notarized, are due along with Final Payments on April 4.)
Student Volunteer Opportunities
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers.
Email to find out how and where you can serve
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips.
Email to find out how and where you can serve.
Summer Camps Volunteer Opportunities
Students in grades 7-12 may receive community service hours for volunteering.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOUTH NEWSLETTER
Parents when registering your student for events please feel free to contact Email Brandon Sangster with your questions.
YOUTH MINISTRIES STAFF
Brandon Sangster, Director of Youth Ministries
Phone: 407-876.4991 *264
Antony Larry, Associate Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Phone: 407-876.4991 *265
Luky Nova, Administrator for the Grow team
Phone: 407.876.4991 *238
The Youth Ministries offices are located on the first floor of Building C, The Attic and Youth classrooms are located on the second floor of Building C.