About the Scholarship
The McKeefery Seminary Scholarship Fund was established through a generous gift from Dr. Ruth M. McKeefery, to honor her husband, Dr. William James McKeefery, and their children, Dr. Virginia L. McKeefery-Reynolds, Carol A. McKeefery Banga, and W. James McKeefery.
It is the desire of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church to provide encouragement, prayer, and practical support for those preparing for full-time intentional Christian leadership as a Deacon or Elder through the McKeefery Seminary Scholarship Fund. The future strength of the Methodist Church rests with individuals like you who have answered the call to serve the church and lead many others through discipleship.
Applicants must meet the criteria below to be considered for an award:
• Be a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church or another United Methodist church in the Florida Annual Conference.
• Be accepted to attend or be currently attending a Methodist seminary.
• Plan to be ordained as a Deacon or Elder in the United Methodist Church.
• Demonstrate a personal faith and commitment to full-time Christian service.
• Have actively participated in ministries of the church and served as a volunteer in the community.
If you are unable to download the application you may request a printed copy of the application and additional required information, by contacting St. Luke’s Executive Director of Administration, Scooter Leonard, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.876.4991 ext. 223; or by sending a written request to Mr. Leonard.
SUBMIT ALL MATERIAL TO:
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
McKeefery Seminary Scholarship Fund
4851 S. Apopka Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL. 32819
- The McKeefery Seminary Scholarship Fund Committee will review all completed applications submitted prior to April 1.
- Letters of award decisions will be mailed no later than May 1.
- The minimum scholarship award will be $1,000 to each person approved by the award committee.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the seminary in the recipient’s name.
- For questions contact St. Luke’s Executive Director of Administration, Scooter Leonard, at email@example.com or 407.876.4991 ext. 223.
Meghan and Dave Killingsworth (now serving at First United Methodist Church, Sanford, FL) Duke Divinity School, Duke University
Jack Ladd (now serving at Gray Memorial United Methodist Church, Tallahassee, FL) Candler School of Theology, Emory University
Kirkland Reynolds (now serving at Chevy Chase United Methodist Church, Chevy Chase, MD) Candler School of Theology, Emory University
Britt Gilmore (United Methodist Missionary, East Belfast Mission, Belfast, Northern Ireland) Duke Divinity School, Duke University
Jerry Herships (After Hours Denver, CO Church Plant) Iliff Seminary