We have extended the deadline for the return of Wish Tree Gifts.
Gifts for a Wish Tree tag with a white gift tag label will need to be returned by Tuesday, December 12 and those with a green gift tag label will need to be returned by Sunday, December 17 before 11:00 a.m.
Each year St. Luke’s partners with OCPS social workers to provide gifts to children in need. Parents work with Social Workers in the selection of the gifts that their children would like to receive. The gifts are then presented by the parents.
We are looking at Christmas differently this year following the storms and the number of families moving to our area. This will be a hard Christmas as parents make up for income loss from days off work, relocation expenses and home repairs.
Here are the many ways you can bring JOY to these families!
Donate $25 WalMart gift cards
- Each family can buy gifts of their choosing
- Families can provide a holiday meal
- Parents can take care of basic needs such as groceries and gas
- Pick up a Wish Tree tag (starting Sunday, November 19) to purchase a gift for an OCPS student OR an East Winter Garden child through our annual East Winter Garden Christmas “shop”
- Put the Wish Tree tag on the unwrapped gift.
- Bring back the wrapped gifts to a Wish Tree Station in Building C or in the Sanctuary Narthex
- Drop off a check or cash at a Wish Tree Station in Building C or in the Sanctuary breezeway
- Make checks payable to St. Luke’s UMC with “Wish Tree” in the memo line
- Donate online by visiting st.lukes.org/advent
- The suggested donation amount is $25 per child
Please return all gifts by Sunday, December 10. Thank you for your support of this ministry.
Volunteers are also needed to help:
- Take monetary donations between worship services on Sunday, December 10
- Collect and sort Wish tree gifts between worship services.
- Sort gifts on Monday, December 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Distribute gifts to Social Workers on Friday, December 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.