St Luke’s Youth Ministries has created a Christ Centered Community where we welcome and accept others, connect with friends, are rooted and grow in our faith and, understanding of self, and use our gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
WEEKLY YOUTH SCHEDULE
9:30-10:30 AM- Sunday School- 5th– 8th grade students are invited to dive deeper into the parables on Sunday mornings. Meet in the Attic and then students will split into groups based on age.
- 5th and 6th Grade MERGE: A collaborative ministry between Children’s and Youth Ministries designed specifically for 5th and 6th Grade where activities connect scripture with everyday life. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- 7th and 8th Grade Bible Study: Grow deeper in the Bible with your fellow students. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
6:30-8:00 PM- Youth Group- 6th– 12th grade: Students are invited for fellowship, worship, games, and discussion on how faith impacts their lives and those around them. Meet in the Attic.
We pray for your student’s preparation this summer, and hope you will begin to make plans for this wonderful experience in the fall. Each student will have an opportunity to learn and understand what it means to be a Christian, as we study the history of the church and the founders of Methodism, Scriptural truths, and our responsibilities as the body of Christ!
It is very important that students can attend the following dates:
9/29-9/30-Confirmation Retreat at Warren Willis
Click here to register.
YOUTH PRAISE BAND
YOUTH SUMMER CALENDAR
END OF SUMMER AND BACK TO SCHOOL PARTIES
MISSIONS (SERVING OPPORTUNITIES)
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers. Email to find out how and where you can serve
Summer Camps Volunteer Opportunities
Students in grades 7-12 may receive community service hours for volunteering.
click here to register.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
STAY CONNECTED AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOUTH NEWSLETTER
If you are planning on attending an event we MUST have a recent Medical Form for the 2016-2017 School Year on file for your student. If you know you have not completed this Medical Release form you can print here: Medical Release 2017
Help showcase St. Luke’s Youth Ministries to other parents and students, complete a photo/video release form. Photos/video may be used on this webpage, St. Luke’s official social media sites, and approved promotional material.