St Luke’s Youth Ministries has created a Christ Centered Community where we welcome and accept others, connect with friends, are rooted and grow in our faith and, understanding of self, and use our gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
The school year is rapidly coming to a close and you are one step closer to completing a very important stage in your life.
We would like to invite you and your families to celebrate with us on Graduation Sunday, May 21, 2017. We will be recognizing St. Luke’s graduates in all three Worship services. When you register we request that you include your name, the school you are graduating from, your plans for what comes next, and one of your senior pictures so that we can share your accomplishments via a slideshow with our other 4 worship services. We ask that you complete your registration by Sunday, May 11, 2017.
During All 3 Traditional Worship services, Youth Ministries will be leading worship through music and serving as greeters, ushers, and speakers . If you would like to participate, please indicate that when you register. Click here to register.
We look forward to sharing in your successes on May 21 during all 3 Traditional Worship services. Graduates friends and families come celebrate what Gods done with their life. Reception at 6:00 pm in the Rotunda. If you have any other questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caryn Royer, Director of High School and Young Adult Ministries
Exodus: A Civil Rights Journey
WEEKLY YOUTH SCHEDULE
9:30-10:30 AM- Sunday School- 5th– 8th grade students are invited to dive deeper into the parables on Sunday mornings. Meet in the Attic and then students will split into groups based on age.
- 5th and 6th Grade MERGE: A collaborative ministry between Children’s and Youth Ministries designed specifically for 5th and 6th Grade where activities connect scripture with everyday life. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- 7th and 8th Grade Bible Study: Grow deeper in the Bible with your fellow students. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- Join us for a small group dedicated for middle school girls! we will be studying the Bible in a fun and creative way and having fun together! Hope you can join us on Sundays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Building C, Room 200. Click here to register.
9:30-10:30 AM- Sunday School- High School: Join us in C-205 as we col-lab-orate for discussion of the Old Testament and New Testament. Email Caryn Royer for more information.
6:00-8:00 PM- High School Youth Group- 9th-12th grade: Join us for Sunday night dinner ($5), games, and discussion as students take control of their faith.
3:00-5:15 PM- After School Program: All Youth are invited to the Attic to work on homework, hang out with friends, and play some games. Contact Zac Burke with questions.
Volunteer opportunities are available for Juniors and Seniors to help with Middle School homework and studying. Email Caryn Royer to volunteer.
4:30-5:30 PM- Praise Band: If you are interested in leading Youth Worship for Middle School and High School. Looking for vocalists, drummers, guitars/bass players, etc. Contact Antony Larry with questions and to sign up.
5:15-6:30 PM- Wednesday Night Dinners: Come get to know St. Lukers of all ages for a delicious dinner before we move into our separate groups. Register online. Meals are $6 for youth.
6:30-8:00 PM- Middle School Youth Group- 6th– 8th grade: Students are invited for fellowship, worship, games, and discussion on how faith impacts their lives and those around them. Meet in the Attic.
6:30-8:00 PM- High School Small Groups- 9th– 12th grade: Meet in the Attic for praise and worship with the Youth Praise Band at 6:30 PM and at 7:00 PM head to :
- C-201 for Animate is a study about what it means to be a faithful Christian.
- College Boot Camp is a study to help high school seniors prepare financially, emotionally, and spiritually for college and the next step!
YOUTH PRAISE BAND
Praise Band practices on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 PM.
YOUTH SPRING CALENDAR
MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS SMALL GROUP
MISSIONS (SERVING OPPORTUNITIES)
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers. Email to find out how and where you can serve
Summer Camps Volunteer Opportunities
Students in grades 7-12 may receive community service hours for volunteering.
click here to register.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
STAY CONNECTED AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOUTH NEWSLETTER
If you are planning on attending an event we MUST have a recent Medical Form for the 2016-2017 School Year on file for your student. If you know you have not completed this Medical Release form you can print here: Medical Release 2017
Help showcase St. Luke’s Youth Ministries to other parents and students, complete a photo/video release form. Photos/video may be used on this webpage, St. Luke’s official social media sites, and approved promotional material.
YOUTH MINISTRIES STAFF
Caryn Royer, Director of High School and College Ministries
Antony Larry, Youth Ministry Staff
Luky Nova, Administrator for Grow Ministries
The Youth Ministries offices are located on the first floor of Building C, classrooms and the Attic are located on the second floor of Building C.