St. Luke’s Youth Ministries will create a Christ-centered community where you welcome and accept others, connect with friends and are rooted and grow in their faith, understanding of self and use their gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
LOCK IN: MAY 6, 2016 AT 7:30 PM
Sign up here! Meet us at 7:30 pm in The Attic, have dinner before you arrive, and be ready for ANYTHING! $25 covers food and all surprises for the night!
WEEKLY YOUTH SCHEDULE
9:30-10:30AM- Sunday School- 5th-12th grade students are invited to dive deeper into the Bible on Sunday mornings. Meet in the Attic and then students will split into groups based on age.
- 5th and 6th Grade MERGE: A collaborative ministry between Children’s and Youth Ministries designed specifically for 5th and 6th Grade where activities connect scripture with everyday life. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- 7th and 8th Grade Bible Study: Grow deeper in the Bible with your fellow students. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- High School: Build a stronger faith connection. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Caryn Royer for more information.
6:00-8:00PM- High School Youth Group- 9th-12th grade students are invited for fellowship, games, and discussion about how they can live their faith in real life. Meet in the Attic.
***Part of St. Luke’s Wednesday Night Thrive. Church wide dinner from 5:15-6:45PM, register here***
3:00-5:15PM- After School Program- 6th-12th grade beginning 01/06/2016, Middle School and High School students are invited to The Attic for after school programming beginning at 3:00 p.m. This will be a time of homework, recreation, fellowship, and church-wide Wednesday Thrive Dinners. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. High School students, this is a volunteer/leadership opportunity, you can participate in planning and mentoring for Middle School students and discerning your call to Christian leadership. To volunteer, contact Caryn Royer.
4:30-5:15PM-Youth Praise Band-6th-12th grade: If you are interested in leading Youth Worship for Middle School and High School. Looking for vocalists, drummers, guitars/bass players, etc. Contact Zac Burke with questions and to sign up.
5:30-6:30-Youth Dance Ensemble-6th-12th grade: An opportunity for students with a love of dance to express their love for God in Contemporary and Traditional Worship. No dance training/experience needed! You just have to be ready to learn. All questions or to sign up, contact Caryn Royer.
5:45-6:30-Youth Choir Ensemble-6th-12th grade: Whether you’ve sung in a choir before or want to try it for the first time, Youth Ensemble is a chance to lead Traditional Worship through song. If you have any questions or want to sign up, contact John Mason.
6:30-8:00PM- Middle School Youth Group- 6th-8th grade students are invited for a night of worship, games, small groups, and more! Meet in the Attic!
Throughout the season of Lent all Middle School youth are invited to Wednesday Night Youth Group to follow along with the church wide sermon series, Crosswords. Students will get a chance to learn more about Jesus as they get ready for Easter. Every Wednesday night from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. 6th thru 8th graders are invited for a night of worship, games, small groups, and more! Come out for a night of fun and community!
7:00-8:00PM-High School Small Groups- 9th-12th grade students are invited to pick a small group to dig deeper into their faith. See the choices for small groups below.
High School Small Group Bible Studies starting January 6!
- Explore the Sermon: This Bible study (for grades 9th thru 12th) will mirror the church-wide studies of the current sermon series. This class is an opportunity to discuss what the larger themes of each sermon means and how it can be applied to their life. This class is led by Barbara and Dennis Barber. Class will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Building C, Room 204. Click here to register.
- Upcoming Dates: May 6
YOUTH MUSIC AND DANCE
If you are interested in leading Youth Worship for Middle School and High School. Looking for vocalists, drummers, guitars/bass players, etc. Contact Zac Burke with questions and to sign up.
Youth Dance Ensemble: Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
An opportunity for students with a love of dance to express their love for God in Contemporary and Traditional Worship. No dance training/experience needed! You just have to be ready to learn. All questions or to sign up, contact Steven Leonard.
Youth Ensemble: Wednesdays 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Whether you’ve sung in a choir before or want to try it for the first time, Youth Ensemble is a chance to lead Traditional Worship through song. If you have any questions or want to sign up, contact John Mason.
VBS/ST. LUKE’S SUMMER CAMP VOLUNTEER 2016
Volunteers must have completed 6th grade. Mandatory Training will be June 15, 2016 from 6 pm-7 pm in the Attic in Building C.
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com
VBS Block Party: June 20-24, 2016
God’s Big Backyard: July 11-15, 2016
Neighborhood Camps: July 25-29 and August 1-5, 2016
Student Volunteer Opportunities
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER MISSION EXPERIENCE
Current 8th – 12th grade students are invited to lead a transforming summer experience at Branches UMC in Florida City, FL.! Branches’ Summer Shade is filled with friends, faith, fun learning, and field trips!
Summer Shade provides a free summer camp program to elementary, middle, and high school students and serves over 400 children and youth during the summer.
Date of Mission Experience: July 24-30, 2016
If you have any questions regarding the High School Mission Experience, please contact Caryn Royer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407.876.4991, ext. *296.
***This opportunity is now full! We look forward to our next Mission Experience soon!***
If you are planning on attending an event we MUST have a recent Medical Form for the 2015/2016 School Year on file for your student. If you know you have not completed this Medical Release form you can print here:
Summer Camp 2016 Dates and Cost
St. Luke’s is attending camp July 11-16, 2016!!!
Warren W. Willis Summer Camp is a United Methodist Church camp in Fruitland Park (near Leesburg), FL.
Warren Willis Camp offers a variety of fun activities like zip lining, sailing, archery, and canoeing with small group bible study and nightly worship experiences. This environment helps students have fun, create Christian community, and grow in their faith. Learn more at warrenwilliscamp.org.
This summer St. Luke’s Children and Youth Ministries offers the opportunity for students (3rd grade through 12th grade) to attend camp together with some of our staff.
Registration is now open. Click here to learn more about camp. St. Luke’s will be attending and providing transportation for Week 5 (July 11-16). This is a very popular week, don’t wait to reserve your spot!
You must register your student with Warren Willis Camp directly.
Cost: $420 includes: lodging, meals, registration costs, event supplies, and staff. A $75 deposit reserves your student’s spot for the summer.
St. Luke’s will provide transportation to camp for Middle and High School Youth. The cost of transportation is $15 per student.
NEWSLETTER AND YOUTH CALENDAR
YOUTH STAFF CONTACT AND LOCATION
Caryn Royer, Director of High School and Young Adult Ministries
Luky Nova, Administrator for Grow Ministries
The Youth Ministries offices are located on the first floor of Building A, classrooms and the Attic are located on the second floor of Building C.