St. Luke’s Youth Ministries will create a Christ-centered community where you welcome and accept others, connect with friends and are rooted and grow in their faith, understanding of self and use their gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
SUMMER 2016 SUNDAY YOUTH SCHEDULE
***Please note we will return to our normal school year schedule on August 24, 2016 with Middle School Youth Group on Wednesday nights and High School Youth Group on Sunday nights***
9:30-10:30AM- Sunday School- 5th- 8th grade students are invited to dive deeper into the parables on Sunday mornings. Meet in the Attic and then students will split into groups based on age.
- 5th and 6th Grade MERGE: A collaborative ministry between Children’s and Youth Ministries designed specifically for 5th and 6th Grade where activities connect scripture with everyday life. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- 7th and 8th Grade Bible Study: Grow deeper in the Bible with your fellow students. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- High School: As we discuss community this summer in worship, students are invited to be apart of the congregation at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 worship.
5:00-7:00PM- Middle School Youth Group- 6th-8th grade students are invited for fellowship, games, and discussion about how they can live their faith in real life. Meet in the Attic.
6:00-8:00PM- High School Youth Group- 9th-12th grade students are invited for fellowship, games, and discussion about how they can live their faith in real life. Meet in the Attic.
SUMMER 2016 SPECIAL EVENTS
Register here. Registration ends August 7, 2016.
YOUTH MUSIC AND DANCE
Youth Praise Band:
If you are interested in leading Youth Worship for Middle School and High School. Looking for vocalists, drummers, guitars/bass players, etc. Contact Zac Burke with questions and to sign up.
Youth Dance Ensemble:
An opportunity for students with a love of dance to express their love for God in Contemporary and Traditional Worship. No dance training/experience needed! You just have to be ready to learn. All questions or to sign up, contact Steven Leonard.
Youth Ensemble: Wednesdays 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Whether you’ve sung in a choir before or want to try it for the first time, Youth Ensemble is a chance to lead Traditional Worship through song. If you have any questions or want to sign up, contact John Mason.
Student Volunteer Opportunities
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
If you are planning on attending an event we MUST have a recent Medical Form for the 2015/2016 School Year on file for your student. If you know you have not completed this Medical Release form you can print here:
Help showcase St. Luke’s Youth Ministries to other parents and students, complete a photo/video release form. Photos/video may be used on this webpage, St. Luke’s official social media sites, and approved promotional material.
To subscribe to newsletters and devotion emails, please complete the form and click the green button below.
YOUTH STAFF CONTACT AND LOCATION
Caryn Royer, Director of High School and Young Adult Ministries
Luky Nova, Administrator for Grow Ministries
The Youth Ministries offices are located on the first floor of Building C, classrooms and the Attic are located on the second floor of Building C.