St Luke’s Youth Ministries has created a Christ Centered Community where we welcome and accept others, connect with friends, are rooted and grow in our faith and, understanding of self, and use our gifts and leadership to serve others.
ABOUT ST. LUKE’S YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Luke’s Youth will:
- Embrace Life: learn to embrace life and all it has to offer, having fun, taking risks, laughing often and recognizing all of life is a gift from God.
- Know Christ: understand their relationship and commitment to Christ
- Own Faith: Build their faith with understanding of Creedal theology, Christian Character, Wesleyan heritage and St. Luke’s Core Values
- Value Self: Value their sacred worth, understand their gifts, passion and leadership and be prepared with life skills and independence.
- Be Community: create a community with one another that reflects the core values of acceptance, hospitality, interdependence and respect both within youth and school.
- Create Change: embrace the call toward social holiness and learn and participate in asset based, partnered ministry to cultivate their call and witness.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOUTH NEWSLETTER
WEEKLY YOUTH SCHEDULE
9:30-10:30 AM- Sunday School- 5th– 8th grade students are invited to dive deeper into the parables on Sunday mornings. Meet in the Attic and then students will split into groups based on age.
- 5th and 6th Grade MERGE: A collaborative ministry between Children’s and Youth Ministries designed specifically for 5th and 6th Grade where activities connect scripture with everyday life. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
- 7th and 8th Grade Bible Study: Grow deeper in the Bible with your fellow students. Meet in the Attic of Building C from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Email Zac Burke for more information.
9:30-10:30 AM- Sunday School- High School: Join us in C-205 as we col-lab-orate for discussion of the Old Testament and New Testament. Email Caryn Royer for more information.
6:00-8:00 PM- High School Youth Group- 9th-12th grade: Join us for Sunday night dinner ($5), games, and discussion as students take control of their faith.
3:00-5:15 PM- After School Program: All Youth are invited to the Attic to work on homework, hang out with friends, and play some games. Contact Zac Burke with questions.
Volunteer opportunities are available for Juniors and Seniors to help with Middle School homework and studying. Email Caryn Royer to volunteer.
4:30-5:30 PM- Praise Band: If you are interested in leading Youth Worship for Middle School and High School. Looking for vocalists, drummers, guitars/bass players, etc. Contact Steven Leonard with questions and to sign up.
5:15-6:30 PM- Wednesday Night Dinners: Come get to know St. Lukers of all ages for a delicious dinner before we move into our separate groups. Register online. Meals are $6 for youth.
6:30-8:00 PM- Middle School Youth Group- 6th– 8th grade: Students are invited for fellowship, worship, games, and discussion on how faith impacts their lives and those around them. Meet in the Attic.
6:30-8:00 PM- High School Small Groups- 9th– 12th grade: Meet in the Attic for praise and worship with the Youth Praise Band at 6:30 PM and at 7:00 PM head to :
- C-201 for Animate: Faith is a study about what it means to be a faithful Christian.
- C-205 for Creedo a study about why we still use the Apostle’s Creed in the 21th century and why it is central to our faith.
YOUTH PRAISE BAND
Praise Band practices on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 PM.
Confirmation Retreat will take place at Warren Willis Camp from September 30th-October 1st! Students will meet at St. Luke’s at 6:00PM, on Friday night, and ride the bus over together for a weekend of fun and spiritual development! Make sure to pick your student up at St. Luke’s on Saturday night in between 8:45-9:15PM!
Classes will take place every Sunday from 4-6PM unless otherwise noted below.
8/28: First Confirmation Class 4-6PM in the Attic
9/4: No classes (Labor Day Weekend)
9/30-10/1: Confirmation Retreat at Warren Willis
10/16: Make-up Day: Students that need to make up a lesson should schedule with Zac Burke to come this day. Students that have attended all lessons don’t need to attend!
11/20: Make-up Day: Students that need to make up a lesson should schedule with Zac Burke to come this day.
12/11: Confirmation Service 4:00-5:30PM (Note: There will be a Confirmation Service rehearsal. Time TBA)
click Here to Sign Up for Serving Dates
During Confirmation our students going through are asked to help serve St. Luke’s and our community in a variety of ways as they learn what it means to become a full member of the church!
- Students are required to help serve in three worship services. Contact Andrea Whitman to set this up (email@example.com)
- Students are required to serve 3 different shifts in the Pumpkin Patch (See below for Pumpkin Patch Shift registration). If students help with unload that counts for two shifts!
- Students are strongly encouraged to serve in missions:
- Clean the World: September 10th 9AM-Noon (See below for registration)
- Family Promise: September 25th-September 30th(Sign up here). December 18th-26th(Sign up here)
- East Winter Garden Community Garden Days: September 3rd, November 5th, December 3rd 9AM-Noon (There may potentially be a day October 1st TBA). Contact Adam Hartnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Coalition for the Homeless: November 19th (See below for registration)
Pumpkin patch shift sign up will be available begin September 5, 2016. Click here to register.
CONNECT RETREAT AT WARREN WILLIS CAMP
Join St. Luke’s Youth Ministry as we learn together what it means to be a Christian and do the work of the church in this digital age. How can we use social media to make a positive impact in the world aside from just posting pictures and liking statuses? Save the date for October 14th– 16th, 2016. Cost is $125 plus transportation. Registration begins in early September. Click here to sign up!
MISSIONS (SERVING OPPORTUNITIES)
St. Luke’s always has opportunities for student volunteers. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
Want to help in worship?!
If you would like to join the youth usher/greeter team serving every 4th Sunday in Contemporary Worship, contact Andrea Whitman for more information.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are always opportunities to plug in and serve with Middle School and High School students! Weekly opportunities on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as single events and overnight trips. Email to find out how and where you can serve.
Coalition for the Homeless: November 19
Support St. Luke’s partnership with the Coalition for the Homeless! There are 3 options:
- Baking at St. Luke’s- 9 AM- 1 PM
- Cooking at the Coalition (High School only) – 12-5 PM
- Serving – 5-8 PM
Click here to sign up!
If you are planning on attending an event we MUST have a recent Medical Form for the 2016-2017 School Year on file for your student. If you know you have not completed this Medical Release form you can print here: Medical Release 2017
Help showcase St. Luke’s Youth Ministries to other parents and students, complete a photo/video release form. Photos/video may be used on this webpage, St. Luke’s official social media sites, and approved promotional material.
STAY CONNECTED WITH YOUTH MINISTRIES
Caryn Royer, Director of High School and Young Adult Ministries
Luky Nova, Administrator for Grow Ministries
The Youth Ministries offices are located on the first floor of Building C, classrooms and the Attic are located on the second floor of Building C.
To subscribe to newsletters and devotion emails, please complete the form and click the green button below.
COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY
During semester breaks, college-age young adults are invited to get together for social gatherings of fun and fellowship. A summer 2017 Mission Trip is also in the planning stages to provide an opportunity for you to stay connected to church and each other in a meaningful way. As always, college age young adults are welcomed and encouraged to attend Worship whenever they are in town. Please fill out the form below and email it back to email@example.com, so we can have your updated information.