Join us as we pray for and support the families affected by the partial collapse of the Champlain Towers South building in Surfside, Fla. We are also supporting the other tower that has been evacuated.
Hundreds of people have been displaced from their homes and rescue teams continue to lead search and recovery efforts. In addition to prayer, you can provide practical support for the victims in the following ways:
- Individuals can make donations online by clicking here. You can also mail a check to the Conference (450 Martin L. King Jr. Ave, Lakeland, FL 33815). Please include “Surfside Disaster Fund” on the memo line.
- Churches can donate online here or send in donations with your apportionment payments. Please note the fund code for Surfside Disaster Fund is 110026 on the apportionment support.
- Families are in need of $25 or $50 gift cards — Visa/Mastercard, Walmart, Publix, Target, Uber. Gift cards can be mailed to the Conference office (450 Martin L. King Jr. Ave, Lakeland, FL 33815, Attn: Trish Warren).
- If you live in the Miami area, you can drop off gift cards to to Kipp Nelson at St. John’s on the Lake (4760 Pine Tree Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33140) Tuesday, July 6 through Thursday, July 8 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- For those living in the Miami area, if you have the ability to provide temporary or long-term housing for individuals or families affected by the Surfside building collapse, please click here to fill out a contact form.
Those in the Miami area who are interested in volunteering at the Family Assistance Center can contact Trish Warren, Conference Disaster Response Coordinator at email@example.com.