Habitat for Humanity builds strength, security and self-reliance through homeownership. Join a team on the next St. Luke’s Build Day to help build and revitalize homes in East Winter Garden.
Next Build Date: Saturday, September 17
Time: 9:00 a.m. to approx. 2:00 p.m. (Depending upon work being done, end time may be earlier.)
Location: 275 Center St, Winter Garden, FL. Parking is on-site.
St. Luke’s is partnering with West Orange Habitat for Humanity on a new community in East Winter Garden called Criswell Court, where four homes will be built.
This Build Day will include home construction activities.
Build days are scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. but may end early, and you are welcome to leave whenever your other Saturday commitments require.
All tools and instructions are provided. No construction experience is necessary — you may even pick up a new skill or two while you partner with other St. Lukers to make a difference for families in our community.
Habitat Mentors Needed
Mentorship means people who:
Care about families and who are patient, instructive, compassionate and responsible
Can commit to about 9 months to walk with the family
Agree to attend one mentor training session, and a monthly zoom meeting with the family
services committee meeting to update the committee on their family.
Mentors agree to: (these are just basics, more information is provided)
- Attend a one-hour training session at their convenience and receive a training manual
- Attend Family Service committee meeting/Zoom once a month to update on progress
- Be the family first point of contact for West Orange Habitat following guidelines
- Not to provide any monetary or in kind gifts to family
- Regularly connect with the family by phone, in person, text, email for about 9 months
- Pray for and positively impact the family with joy!
- Walk the journey with the family to answer questions and ensure they complete:
- 200 hours of sweat equity (300 for a married couple)
- Financial Literacy classes (we host/provide these for families only/no mentors)
- Saving for a down payment
- Maintain good credit – again, mentor training is provided for this)
To learn more, contact Amy Winslow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Amy Winslow at email@example.com.