St. Luke’s Family and Recreational Ministries enables families to grow their mind, body, and spirit through sports, fitness, and family events.
SPORT LEAGUES FOR CHILDREN AND MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH
Soccer Fall PreK through 8th grade
Basketball Winter Kindergarten through 8th grade
Flag Football Spring Kindergarten through 8th grade
Basketball Registration will open on October 15th
Our early bird discount will run from October 15th through November 19th. Our registration will close on December 10th. Each age group will play on a different night of the week. They will have a 30 minute practice followed by their game.
Monday 4th-5th Girls Division 6:00pm
Tuesday K-1st Division 6:00pm
Thursday 2nd-3rd Division 6:00pm
Friday 4th-5th Boys Division 6:00pm
Saturday Middle School Girls 9:00am
Saturday Middle School Boys 10:30am
We need coaches! Please volunteer to coach when you sign your child up. If you are registering multiple children, fill out the coaching information on the child/children’s team(s) you would like to coach.
SPORTS AND FITNESS GROUPS FOR ALL AGES
NEW – Dance Classes for Children:
All of our dance classes are taught by Crystal Edwards who has many years of professional dance experience. All are classes will meet in our Dance Room on the second floor of Building A. Parents are asked to wait in the next room over (Room 201) while your child is in class.
Spring Class Schedule To Be Announced
- 50+ Strength Exercise Classes on Zoom with Fran Johnson on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m., $16/month.
- Gentle Yoga on Zoom with Cathy Carter on Thursdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m., $8/month. Drop-ins welcome. This is a slower-paced, more nurturing, and meditative form of yoga designed for all bodies and suitable for people with medical issues or chronic conditions. (18 and over welcome)
- Boot Camp in the Gymnasium in Building C with Dave Smith on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m., $5 per class. This is a total body workout for all fitness levels. (18 and over welcome)
- Tai Chi is outside under the Torrance Pavilion between Building A and the Youth Center with Sifu Al Aki. Meets on Saturdays at 10:15 a.m., $2 per class. Tai Chi is about meditation through movement and is a relaxing and gentle form of exercise for all ages and abilities.
- Hatha Yoga It involves a set of physical postures (yoga poses) and breathing techniques for the holistic benefits of yoga while inspiring and guiding the student to open up to endless possibilities. All levels are welcomed. Classes will be on Thursdays from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm in Building A room 201. The cost is $8 per class or $50 for 8 classes. The first class is free. Taught by Mana Heistand.
- Vinyasa Flow is a moving meditation, connecting the movements with your breath. The class is choreographed to smoothly transition from one asana to the next benefiting range of motion, cardiovascular health, building strength, stress relief grace, and trust. Classes will be on Thursdays from 7:30 pm-8:30 pm in Building A room 201. The cost is $8 per class or $50 for 8 classes. The first class is free. Taught by Mana Heistand.
Contact Chris Smith, Director of Recreation and Wellness, at 407.876.4991 ext. 290 for more information and to sign up.
FAMILY AND RECREATION MINISTRIES STAFF