St. Luke’s Family and Recreational Ministries enables families to grow their mind, body, and spirit through sports, fitness, and family events.
SPORT LEAGUES FOR CHILDREN AND MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH
Soccer Fall PreK through 8th grade
Basketball Winter Kindergarten through 8th grade
Cheerleading Winter PreK through 5th grade
Flag Football Spring PreK through 8th grade
Soccer Registration will open on July 1, 2021
Our early bird discount will run from July 1st through July 30th. Our registration will close on August 20th.
We need coaches! Please volunteer to coach when you sign your child up. If you are registering multiple children, fill out the coaching information on the child/children’s team(s) you would like to coach.
SPORTS AND FITNESS GROUPS FOR ALL AGES
NEW – Dance Classes for Children:
All of our dance classes are taught by Crystal Edwards who has many years of professional dance experience. All are classes will meet in our Dance Room on the second floor of Building A. Parents are asked to wait in the next room over (Room 201) while your child is in class.
Weekly on Mondays (12 weeks)
First Class: September 13
Last Class: December 6
*No class Nov 22 (Thanksgiving week)
Age: 3-5 years old
Time: 4:15-5:00 p.m.
Age: 4-6 years old
Time: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Age: 6-9 years old
Time: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- 50+ Strength Exercise Classes on Zoom with Fran Johnson on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m., $16/month.
- Gentle Yoga on Zoom with Cathy Carter on Thursdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m., $8/month. Drop-ins welcome. This is a slower-paced, more nurturing, and meditative form of yoga designed for all bodies and suitable for people with medical issues or chronic conditions. (18 and over welcome)
- Boot Camp in the Gymnasium in Building C with Dave Smith on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m., $5 per class. This is a total body workout for all fitness levels. (18 and over welcome)
- Tai Chi is outside under the Torrance Pavilion between Building A and the Youth Center with Sifu Al Aki. Meets on Saturdays at 10:15 a.m., $2 per class. Tai Chi is about meditation through movement and is a relaxing and gentle form of exercise for all ages and abilities.
- Hatha Yoga It involves a set of physical postures (yoga poses) and breathing techniques for the holistic benefits of yoga while inspiring and guiding the student to open up to endless possibilities. All levels are welcomed. Classes will be on Thursdays from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm in Building A room 201. The cost is $8 per class or $50 for 8 classes. The first class is free.
- Vinyasa Flow is a moving meditation, connecting the movements with your breath. The class is choreographed to smoothly transition from one asana to the next benefiting range of motion, cardiovascular health, building strength, stress relief grace, and trust. Classes will be on Thursdays from 7:30 pm-8:30 pm in Building A room 201. The cost is $8 per class or $50 for 8 classes. The first class is free.
Contact Chris Smith, Director of Recreation and Wellness, at 407.876.4991 ext. 290 for more information and to sign up.
FAMILY AND RECREATION MINISTRIES STAFF