We would love for you to join us for our Spring 2023 Season!
The St. Luke’s Children’s Choir is for children in grades 1-5. The repertoire for this choir includes a wide variety of styles including Hymns of Faith to Contemporary Praise. The St. Luke’s Children’s Choir is under the direction of our Children’s and Instrumental Music Director, Mr. John Mason.
Click below to register for Spring 2023
Starting on Wednesday, January 25th at 6:00 p.m.(first rehearsal)
The evening will begin with Children’s Choir rehearsal and then move to our Grow programming in The Treehouse.
6:00 – 6:45 p.m.* – Children’s Choir Rehearsal (Upstairs, Building A Room 201)
6:45- 8:00 p.m. – Treehouse
*Sign-out at this time can be arranged if needed.
Questions and Contact: If you have any questions regarding any of these programs, please email John R. Mason III
St. Luke’s Youth Choir offers youth grades 6 – 12 an opportunity to learn to sing, perform, and lead worship music several times a year. All singers welcome — no auditions or experience required. Just come with a willing heart and a desire to help spread God’s love through music.
Want to join us this season?
CHOIRS & ENSEMBLES
SANCTUARY CHOIR | HANDBELLS | VOCAL ENSEMBLES | ARTS
Choirs & Ensembles
The Sanctuary Choir is open to any adult interested in singing choral music. No audition is necessary, but a background in singing and/or choral music is an advantage. We rehearse every Wednesday evening from 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the Choir Room upstairs in Building B, across from the Sanctuary.
Email your interest or questions or to choral director, Josh O’Dell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply show up on any Wednesday night prior to our 7:00 p.m. rehearsal, and we will get you set up with music and a friend to help you out.
The choir season is from mid-August to late June. We welcome you!
Handbell Choir, For more information on our Handbell Choirs email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information.
Adult Ensembles, (by audition) email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information.
Dance Ensemble, email Director Carol Banga for details and rehearsals times.
Praise Team Singers, (by audition) email Steve MacKinnon, Director of Praise Team Ministries for more information.
Instrumentalists, (as needed) If you play a musical instrument and are interested in offering your time and talent for worship, concerts and/or other events, please email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information. For information about contemporary worship instrumentalists, email Steve MacKinnon, Director of Contemporary Worship.
St. Luke’s has a robust technology ministry that supports every aspect of the church. While the tech department is primarily focused on worship, it also supports the Theatre Ministry, the Youth Ministry, and many other events around St. Luke’s. Each Sunday, a dedicated team of staff and volunteers work behind the scenes to make sure that the sound, lighting, and video projection is working to support our worship services and enhance the worship experience. We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join the tech ministry! Some of the volunteer opportunities are listed below.
- Audio Engineer: Mix the audio for Contemporary Worship, Traditional Worship, Youth Worship or other special events on our campus (prior experience in audio engineering and digital audio consoles is required)
- Lighting Programmer/Operator: Program and operate lights for Contemporary Worship or other special events at St. Luke’s (prior lighting experience is preferred)
- Video Slide Operator: This is one of the most important visual aspects of our services! We use a piece of software called ProPresenter to run video slides that support the music and the message. No prior experience is required, we’ll train you on the software.
- Video Camera Operator: We live stream our services on Facebook and record our messages for later editing and uploading to the St. Luke’s website. Camera Operators help those that can’t be with us for worship attend St. Luke’s remotely. No previous experience is required, we’ll train you on how to operate the camera.
If you’re interested in being involved with the tech ministry at St. Luke’s, please contact our Production Manager, Tiffany Meadows at email@example.com.
This year will be St. Luke’s 11th year producing full-scale summer musicals. The all-volunteer cast and crew is made up of talented Central Florida professionals and newcomers. Community members and church members come together for these moving summer productions and form life long friends in the process. St. Luke’s values: Acceptance, Hospitality, and Community and St. Luke’s productions take place in a supportive creative environment where everyone can learn and grow in their craft. To express interest in serving as a cast or crew member for St. Luke’s summer theatre productions or in worship through the theatre arts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Look Back at St. Luke’s Theatre Productions
St. Luke’s past productions include:
- 2022: Oliver! (in production now)
- 2021: Guys & Dolls
- 2020: Steel Magnolias
- 2019: Children of Eden, Mary Poppins
- 2018: Little Women, Footloose
- 2017: Beauty and the Beast
- 2016: Big River
- 2015: The Music Man
- 2014: Big Fish
- 2013: Ragtime
- 2012: Hairspray