Our St. Luke’s Care Ministries provide love and support during the joys and trials of life through group programs and individual ministries. Listed here are the ministries where you can find support or volunteer to assist others with the support that they need.
If you are facing a challenge, have any questions, or want to serve as a volunteer, please call Pastor Jad Denmark, Minister of Care, at 407.876.4991 ext. 229.
In case of an emergency involving the death of a loved one or a hospitalization, call the Church office at 407.876.4991 ext. 316 so a pastor can support you through this time.
Prayer Request and Lists
- Prayer Lists: Click here for this week’s prayer lists.
Please note that pastors, staff, and the Prayer Team pray for all prayer requests submitted weekly from the Connection Cards, website and personal prayer requests.
- In case of an immediate need involving the death of a loved one or a hospitalization, call 407.876.4991 ext. 316.
Pictures of the Sanctuary
Please know that these pictures were taken during Easter and the banners would not normally be hung in the Sanctuary, however also know that during certain Christian seasons the Sanctuary will be decorated with decorations that may not be able to be removed for the ceremony.
Sanctuary Stage – facing West
Choir Loft, facing South
Aisle leading to Back of Sanctuary, facing East
Sanctuary toward Memorial Garden, facing North
Deaths and Funerals/Memorial Services
Church Member Assistance
St. Luke’s Care Ministries Directory
Divorce Recovery Ministry
- Provides support to anyone at any stage of divorce
- Helps the individual/family understand the stages and challenges of divorce
DivorceCare is a support group for people who are separating or divorced. It meets for 13 consecutive weeks. DivorceCare sessions are led by trained and caring St. Luke’s lay people who have experienced the pain and heartache of divorce themselves. St. Luke’s offers these sessions at the Dr. P. Phillips YMCA. The YMCA offers free childcare during the sessions. Meeting dates for 2018 DivorceCare sessions are forthcoming.
Attendees are welcome to join the sessions at any point. Meetings include videos, small group discussion (support group), journaling and personal study exercises that reinforce weekly session topics. Each session is “self-contained,” so meetings do not have to be attended in sequence. There is a $15.00 one-time registration fee to attend to cover the cost of your personal workbook. Please pay at your first session. Email the Care office or call 407.876.4991 ext.262 for more information.
- BuddyBreak is for children with special needs ages 3 years – 16 years and their siblings ages 4 years through fifth grade.
- Provides free on-site respite care once a month in partnership with St. Luke’s and Nathaniel’s Hope to bring hope and encouragement to families that have children with special needs.
- For volunteer information or to register a child click here.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Support Ministry
Cancer Support Ministry
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 8. Special Guest Speaker, Allison Brinkley, Dietician at Arnold Palmer Hospital, will talk on “Nutrition and Cancer.”
Meeting Dates for 2018
- March 8
- April 12
- May 10
- June 14 (Meet in the Special Events Dining Room)
- July 12 (Meet in the Special Events Dining Room)
- August 9
- September 13
- October 18
- November 8
- Sends cards to those hospitalized and to bereaved families
- Sends holiday greeting cards to new members, military, and shut-ins
- Veterans’ writing group gathers to share fellowship and write holiday greeting cards to veterans in Orlando
Care Visitation Team
Sign up now for cooking dates in 2018!
If you know a St. Luker who would appreciate a crockpot ready meal, email or call the Care office at 407.876.4991 ext. 262.
St. Luke’s Community Counseling Center
Grief Recovery Ministry – DAYTIME AND EVENING CLASS OFFERED
To learn more about GriefShare click here to view a short video.
Our winter/spring GriefShare cycle will start on Thursday, February 1 and will conclude on Thursday, May 3. Weekly meetings will take place in the Special Events Dining Room of Building C. There is a one-time registration fee of $25.00 to enroll. A morning (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon) and evening class (6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) are both offered. Contact the Care office at 407.876.4991 ext. 262 or email for more information.
Hearts to Hands Ministry
- Knits and crochets prayer shawls, newborn and preemie hats and blankets, and prayer squares.
- You don’t have to be experienced in knitting or crocheting, just have a willingness to learn and an eagerness to create. Free classes offered on Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Building C, Room 200. Contact the Care office at email@example.com or call 407.876.4991 ext. 262 for more info.
- Monthly meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month in Building C Room 200/202 to collect, bless and distribute completed items.
In Home Care Ministry
- Provides care and support for families and individuals in crisis
- Provides meals and transportation as requested through a team of volunteers
Opening Doors Ministry (Special Needs)
- Promotes opportunities for full participation in worship and programs for persons with special needs
- Is dedicated to making the church campus and programs safe and accessible to all
- Prays in the chapel on Sundays between and during worship services
- Receives prayer requests submitted on the church website (see form below)
- Prays in the chapel on Wednesday mornings for those on the prayer list, Connection Cards, and submitted prayer requests
- Are children of God who walk beside a hurting person
- Are caring Christians who really listen and provide confidential one on one support
- Helps meet the needs of those who are facing illness, loneliness, bereavement, job or spiritual crisis, etc.
- Serves communion
- Receives extensive training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
Stephen Ministry is an international lay caring ministry used by more than 12,000 congregations worldwide. Click here to learn more about Stephen Ministry. If you are in need of a Stephen minister, you may mark your Connection card on Sunday, email or call the Care office at 407.876.4991 ext. 262 to be confidentially matched with a caring Christian listener.
Volunteer Opportunities within Care Ministries
- Administrative Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to follow up via phone with those sick, hospitalized or recovering at home. May also assist in data entry, mailings, copying and other administrative duties. Training provided.
- Transportation Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to transport individuals to doctor’s appointments, medical treatments, grocery/pharmacy, library, etc. on an as needed basis. Liability insurance required.
- Food Volunteers: Do you enjoy cooking meals for others? Are you especially talented in “make ahead” meals? We need you! Food volunteers will help purchase ingredients and prepare cost effective and nutritional meals for those going through extended medical treatment. Additional food prep training provided.
- Greeting Card Coordinator: A volunteer is needed to organize and coordinate the writing and sending of cards throughout the year. Cards are sent to shut-ins, stateside and deployed military and new members for four holidays. Volunteer will disperse cards to a team of inspirational writers and ensure cards are completed and sent on time. Cards and postage are provided by the church.
Connect and Care Mission Statement
As we affirm faith in God through our ministries, we claim a sacred place where Christ’s love unites us with compassion and the caring of others.
In order to make the love of Christ a real presence in the life of each person we reach within our faith community, our ministries:
- Extends support during the trials of life and celebrate the joys
- Leads persons to resources appropriate to their needs
- Creates and maintain innovative programs to minister spiritually, emotionally, and physically
- Encourages all to explore and maximize their individual spiritual gifts for the work of the church and to the glory of God.