Children’s Choir and WeeSingers
Current Children’s Choir 2017-2018 Season
We are very excited to be starting a new Choir Season. Which group will you sing in?!
Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Questions and Contact: If you have any questions regarding any of these programs, please email John R. Mason III
Current Children’s Choir Members 2017-18
You’ve found the page were you can get all of the latest dates and information for our current season. Also, did you know you can practice your songs at home? In fact, we encourage it!
“Take Home Notes”
Schedule for Children’s Choir 2018
click below to download the printable calendar. Did you know you can add the Google calendar to your phone to add all dates into your phone instantly?
Winter/Spring 2018 Schedule – Coming Soon
Children’s Choir – Google Calendar (add to your phone)
Welcome to the Family Practice Materials
please click on the player to practice “Welcome to the Family”
Children’s Choir Leaders
- John R. Mason, III, Children’s Choir Director
- Amy Martin Cole, Assistant Director
- Janet Barbour and Linda Williams, Rehearsal Assistants
- Cindy Hoback, Children’s Ministry Assistant
The Sanctuary Choir is open to any adult interested in singing choral music. No audition is necessary, but a background in singing and/or choral music is an advantage. We rehearse every Wednesday evening from 7-9pm in the choir room in Building B, across from the Sanctuary.
Email your interest or questions or to choral director, Amy Martin Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply show up on any Wednesday night prior to our 7pm rehearsal, and we will get you set up with music and a friend to help you out.
The choir season is from mid-August to late June. We welcome you!
Handbell Choir, For more information on our Handbell Choirs email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information.
Adult Ensembles, (by audition) email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information.
Dance Ensemble, email Director Carol Banga for details and rehearsals times.
Praise Team Singers, (by audition) email Steve MacKinnon, Director of Praise Team Ministries for more information.
Instrumentalists, (as needed) If you play a musical instrument and are interested in offering your time and talent for worship, concerts and/or other events, please email John Mason III, Creative Director of Traditional Worship for more information. For information about contemporary worship instrumentalists, email Steve MacKinnon, Director of Contemporary Worship.
St. Luke’s has a robust technology ministry that supports every aspect of the church. While the tech department is primarily focused on worship, it also supports the Theater Ministry, the Youth Ministry and many other events around St. Luke’s. Each Sunday, a dedicated team of staff and volunteers work behind the scenes to make sure that the sound, lighting and video projection is working to support our worship services and enhance the worship experience. We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join the tech ministry! Some of the volunteer opportunities are listed below.
- Audio Engineer: Mix the audio for Contemporary Worship, Traditional Worship, Youth Worship or other special events on our campus (prior experience in audio engineering and digital audio consoles is required)
- Lighting Programmer/Operator: Program and operate lights for Contemporary Worship or other special events at St. Luke’s (prior lighting experience is preferred)
- Video Slide Operator: This is one of the most important visual aspects of our services! We use a piece of software called ProPresenter to run video slides that support the music and the message. No prior experience is required, we’ll train you on the software.
- Video Camera Operator: We live stream our services on Facebook and record our messages for later editing and uploading to the St. Luke’s website. Camera Operators help those that can’t be with us for worship attend St. Luke’s remotely. No previous experience required, we’ll train you on how to operate the camera.
If you’re interested in being involved with the tech ministry at St. Luke’s, please contact Vince Lepore at email@example.com
A Look Back at St. Luke’s Theater Productions
St. Luke’s past productions include:
- 2017 “Beauty and the Beast”
- 2016 “Big River”
- 2015: “The Music Man”
- 2014: “Big Fish”
- 2013: “Ragtime”
- 2012: “Hairspray”