Sunday’s Worship was a beautiful recognition for all who have answered God’s call to serve. Is God nudging you to step out in faith and join a ministry to Restore Hope to our community? Here are some ways for you to answer the call and help remove barriers to stable housing and nutrition. God has gifted you with skills to support His mission. Which of these critical areas best engages your gifts?
- Steady Employment as a Jobs Partnership Coach. Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. starting September 8th. This 12-week program pairs you with someone trying to improve their employability. Training (August 29th) provided for this Virtual and/or In-Person class. Apply at jobspartnership.org by August 15.
- Life Empowerment as an Ally with Circles Winter Garden. Tuesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This 18-month program pairs you with someone who just completed a class in “Getting Ahead in a Just Getting By World”. You will be trained to walk beside them creating Smart Goals and working toward a stable and balanced life.
- Reliable Transportation through a quarterly car maintenance program. This new ministry would allow Restoring Hope families to get free oil changes done by volunteers on our campus. If you want to be a part of this exciting new ministry as an administrator, weekend mechanic or resource provider, contact Amy Winslow at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We are also actively accepting car donations to provide to families without reliable transportation.
- Nutritional Food by bringing fresh fruit and vegetables to our East Winter Garden Community. In partnership with the Society of St. Andrews, we need drivers, preferably with trucks, to pick up 150 boxes of fresh produce Saturday mornings and deliver them to the church for distribution. Watch for information for cooking with East Winter Garden youth and events with The Central Florida Alliance to End Hunger.
- Educational Impact starts with beginning of school and collecting back-to-school supplies. To protect our schools and volunteers, there will be no backpack shops this year. We ask that you register for a grade-level backpack and supply list and shop for a student at either Mollie Ray or Maxey Elementary Schools. More information to come in the next week once OCPS has an opening date for schools.
There are other ways to serve at st.lukes.org/local. For a volunteer consultation, send an email to email@example.com for a phone appointment.